Prof. Tien Siong Chong
Dr. Chong Tien Siong is a veteran journalist with more than 30 years experience, who was the Editor-In-Chief of Hong Kong Ming Pao Daily News from 2014 to 2017 and also a Director of Ming Pao Newspapers Limited. He was also the Editor-In-Chief of Malaysia Nanyang Siang Pau from 2016 to 2009, as well as the Executive Director of Nanyang Press Holdings BHD. He was appointed as a Member of the Supervisory Council of Malaysian National News Agency (BERNAMA) from 2008 to 2011. He has been with Lianhe Zaobao (Chinese Daily published in Singapore under Singapore Press Holdings) since 1995 to 2006, and served as Associate Foreign Editor in July 1995 and Bureau Chief of Jakarta Indonesia from September 2000 to 2006, then he was also appointed as Senior Lecturer at Bina Nusantara University of Jakarta Indonesia from September 2002 to 2006. He was with Yazhou Zhoukan (Chinese Regional Magazine published in Hong Kong) from 1988 to 1995 and served as Malaysia Senior Correspondent and Bureau Chief Kuala Lumpur, during the period he served as Lecturer at Han Jiang Journalism College of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. He started his career in Sin Chew Jit Poh (Chinese Daily published in Malaysia) from 1980 June to 1988 as a Reporter and later he served as Deputy Treasurer of Malaysia National Union of Journalist from 1986 to 1988.
Dr. Chong published 6 books and also a Member of the editorial team of The Global Chinese Dictionary that was published in Beijing in May 2010. He studied at Tunku Abdul Rahman College of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia in 1978 and Han Chiang Journalism School of Penang Malaysia in 1980. He earned the Master of Arts at Nanking University of Nanjing China in 2001. He also holds PhD at Fudan University of Shanghai China in 2005.
Prof. W. K. Yung, 翁永光
Dr. Yung obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Waterloo in Canada. He received his Master of Philosophy degree from The Chinese University of Hong Kong and his doctorate degree from the University of Toronto.
Dr. Yung has worked both in the academic field as well as the business sector. Beginning from his days as a graduate student, he has taken up different academic positions in a number of universities including The Chinese University of Hong Kong, the University of Toronto, The University of Hong Kong, and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Dr. Yung had engaged in various business projects related to foreign investments in China.
Between 2007 and 2016, Dr. Yung served as Deputy Director who was responsible for programmes promotion as well as quality assurance within PolyU SPEED.
For his contribution towards the law programmes, the University of London International Programmes appointed Dr. Yung as an International Fellow.
Prof. Soong Jenn-Jaw
Education : 1991 PhD, University of Florida
Research Interests :
- Asian Pacific Politics and Economy
- Development and Change
- Political Economy
- Political Economy of Southeast Asian States
- 1992 ~ 1996 Associate Professor, Dept. of General Studies, National Cheng Kung University
- 1992 ~ 2003 Part-time Associate and Full Professor, National Open University
- 1996 ~ 2001 Full Professor of Graduate Graduate Institute of Political Economy, National Cheng Kung University
- 1998 ~ present Director, Center for Southeast Asian Studies
- 2001 ~ present Full Professor, Department of Political Sciences and Graduate Graduate Institute of Political Economy, National Cheng Kung Univeristy
- 2002 ~ 2004 Part Time Professor of Graduate Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies, Nan-Hua University
- 2004 ~ 2007 Director, Department of Political Science, National Cheng Kung University